The Statistics dialog displays all available statistical information pertaining to the object or objects currently selected in the iTool window.
To display the Statistics dialog:
- Select an object or a group of objects in the iTools window.
- Select Operations ® Statistics. The Statistics window is displayed.
The information displayed in the Statistics window varies depending upon the type of objects selected.
- For scalars, the name of the variable and its value are displayed in the Statistics window.
- For arrays, the following information is displayed:
- Maximum and location
- Standard deviation
- Absolute deviation
- Minimum & location
- Kurtosis - 3
The information in the Statistics window can be edited (by selecting Edit), printed, or saved as a file.
- On Windows platforms, the standard Windows editing context menu containing Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete commands can be displayed by right-clicking anywhere in the Statistics window.
- On UNIX platforms, use the left or right mouse buttons to cut, copy or paste.
To save the text as an ASCII file:
- Select File ® Save As.
- Enter a filename. If the filename already exists, you will be asked if you want to replace the file.
- Select Cancel to return to the Statistics window without saving the file.
To print the text, select File ® Print. The standard Windows or Motif printer dialog is displayed.
To close the Statistics window, select File ® Close.
Resetting Dataspace Ranges
You can reset the ranges of your data space to accommodate all your contained visualizations. When you reset your ranges, the following properties of the data space are reset to a value of True:
- Automatic X range updates
- Automatic Y range updates
- Automatic Z range updates
To reset the ranges of your data space, select Operations ® Dataspace ® Reset Ranges.