Selection of Objects
iTool elements such as axes and annotations have objects associated with them. These objects have their own associated properties - such as color, line style, size, and so on. There are two ways to select objects in IDL iTools:
To select an object or group of objects with the Select arrow:
- If necessary, click the Select button
on the toolbar to enter Select mode.
- Position the arrow mouse pointer over the object and click. A selection box appears around the object.
- To select additional objects, hold down the SHIFT key while clicking them.
To select an object or group of objects from the Visualization Browser:
- Select Window ® Visualization Browser.
- Click the name of the object in the Visualization Browser list. A selection box or selection highlight appears on that object in the iTool window.
- To select additional objects, hold down the Shift key while selecting the names of additional objects in the Visualization Browser list.
Select All selects all objects (visualizations, annotations, legends, etc.) displayed in the iTool window.
To select all objects:
- Select Edit ® Select All. All displayed objects are selected.
- CTRL + click to deselect any objects that you do not want to include.