The Visualization Browser
The Visualization Browser provides access to visualizations (objects displayed in the iTool window) and the properties of those visualizations. When the Visualization Browser is displayed, you can select graphical objects from a nested list and display the property sheets for those objects. For example, if a surface visualization is displayed and you would like to change the appearance of the X axis in that visualization, you can select the axis in the Visualization Browser (Figure 7-2), display the property sheet for that axis (Figure 7-3), and modify the properties to change the appearance of the axis.
To select an object with the visualization browser:
- Select Window ® Visualization Browser.
- Select the name of the object in the list. The element is highlighted in the iTool window.
- To expand a list item, click the + icon
- To collapse an expanded list item, click the - icon
- To display the property sheet for the object, click the expansion button to the right of the list or double-click the property.
- To change a property setting, click in the settings column.
- If a drop-down button
appears in the settings column, click the button to choose a new setting from the list of options, activate a slider to change the setting value, display a selection dialog or list, or display an Edit button providing access to a user-defined property control.
- If the text is editable, edit the text to change the setting.
See Property Controls for a detailed description of the types of property settings included in property sheets.
- Click the Close button
to close the Visualization Browser.
Properties of standard graphical objects are described in detail in Visualization Properties and in the "IDL Commands" chapter of the IDL Reference Guide.