The Operations Browser
The Operations Browser provides a quick way to display and modify the properties for a given iTool operation (task performed on iTool data) before that operation is performed. For example, to display the properties of the Convolution filter, select the name of the filter in the left pane of the Operations Browser (see Figure 7-4), and modify the Scale factor property value in the right pane to change the default scale factor for convolution.
The Operations Browser displays a nested list of operations available in the current iTool in the left pane, and a property sheet for the currently selected operation in the right pane.
- To expand a list item, click the + icon
- To collapse an expanded list item, click the - icon
To change the properties of an operation from the Operations Browser:
- Select Operations ® Operations Browser.
- Select the name of the operation in the list. A list of properties and the property settings appears in the right-hand pane of the Operations Browser window.
- Locate the property you want to change in the list, and click in the settings column.
- If a drop-down button
appears in the settings column, click the button to choose a new setting from the list of options, activate a slider to change the setting value, display a selection dialog or list, or display an Edit button providing access to a user-defined property control.
- If the text is editable, edit the text to change the setting.
See Property Controls for a detailed description of the types of property settings included in property sheets.
- Click the Close button
to close the Operations Browser.
Properties of standard iTool operations are described in Operations Properties and in the "IDL Commands" chapter of the IDL Reference Guide.